If you’re just getting started with email marketing, no need to create all types of series / sequences. You just need to create 1 series -- the Welcome / Impress A Stranger Series.
For your lead magnet, no need to use ecover or video, or hire a designer to create your fancy pdf. Just create a lead magnet in Google Docs and deliver it inside the 1st email by linking over to the Google Doc.
If you’re already familiar with email marketing, jump to the section which you need help on, and implement the strategies and techniques laid out there.
Here are a few tips:
- Don’t be a perfectionist and try to create the perfect sequence. There is no such thing as perfection. Strive for good enough and then gradually improve from there, 1 step at a time.
- Implement 1 thing at a time. Don’t overwhelm yourself.
- Doing nothing is bad. You might think that by doing nothing, you have nothing to lose. Sorry to spoil the party… by doing nothing you’re actually losing. Why? Because your competitors are not standing still and doing nothing. They’re working hard every day to advance forward. When you do nothing, your competitors will pass and leave you behind.
- Lastly, as Albert Einstein said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
- TLDR for the entire guide:
- For list building, use social media / community / SEO / paid ads (if you know what you’re doing) to bring traffic to your lead capture page. As always, focus only on 1 - 2 channels at a time.
- Capture a portion of the traffic to turn them into subscribers.
- Build and nurture relationships with subscribers to turn them into customers.
- Build deeper and more meaningful relationships with customers to turn them into repeat customers.
- If you’re still reading at this point and whining, “What!? That’s it? Where’s the secret to email marketing? I already knew all these strategies and tactics!” To which my response is, “I'm sure you're not an armchair expert, so go out there and IMPLEMENT.”
Go out there, understand your target audience, know their problems and pain points, create a lead magnet, write your emails, set up your sequences, and nurture your relationships with them so that they know, like, and trust you → and eventually buy from you.
That’s all there is to it. Really.